At East Harptree and Ubley Primary schools, our aim in the teaching of Mathematics is to equip our children with the skills and tools the subject offers for their use in everyday life, today and in their future. We also aim to show children that Mathematics can be enjoyed in its own right as a creative and fascinating subject. We strive to develop pupil's mathematical thinking and overall confidence so that they can realise their full potential. We take a mastery approach to mathematics and work on progression across the curriculum.
A daily mathematics lesson will be taught throughout Years 1 – 6. Mathematical activities, songs and games will be a daily part of learning in Early Years. Our school uses the Number sense and White Rose Maths schemes to support teaching and learning.
This scheme follows the New National Curriculum 2014, which covers the following Programmes of Study:
- Number - number and place value
- Number - addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Number - fractions (including decimals and percentages for KS2)
- Geometry - position and direction
- Geometry - properties of shape
- Statistics (Year 2 upwards)
- Ratio and Proportion (Year 6)
- Algebra (Year 6)
Please find linked below relevant documents for our Maths curriculum: